Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanks for a Great Time!

Hello Everyone- Yes, it has been a while, a pretty busy while.  
For my birthday Lee took me to a Nine Inch Nails concert last Thursday night.  After traveling to Des Moines we headed to Cedar Rapids to the US Cellular Arena.  It was quit small, but that's good for a concert.  I made it to the front and fought to keep my place through out most of the concert.  The last few songs I gave up my spot so that I could go and watch from afar.  They put on an incredible show which was very impressive.   
 I had a lot of fun!  Thanks Lee!


During our trip to Des Moines we were able to spend a few nights with Lynnette, Kevin, Sophia and Derek!  It sure is amazing how much a little man can change in two months.  Derek looked much more grown up, his face looks a little more trim, probablly from all that walking and his new hair cut makes him look like a big boy!  
Sophia is a chatter box who's vocabulary and word usage is way beyond her age.  You can tell that Denise really works with the two of them, they sure are smart.  Everyone needs a Denise!
I want to thank Lynnette and especially Uncle Kevin for watching Devin on Thurseday night.  Everyone, except The Hillabolts, know that Devin sleeps through the night, right... WRONG!  Poor Uncle Kevin was up from 1- 3:30am with Devin!  I came home at about 3:30 am to take care of the little man and before we even hit the bed, he was out!  
On Saturday we headed home for Logan's first Birthday party!  Devin and I left at about 9am.  By 9:45 I was on the phone with Kim crying that I was going to turn around.  It helped to talk to her because it got my mind off of what was really going on.  I drove right into a snow storm on the interstate!  There were cars and semis in the ditch all around us.  It was nice when people slowed down to about 40 mph, I felt much better.  After 4 1/2 hours of driving (the trip usually takes 3 hours) we made it to Logan's party!
There were a lot of people at the party, some I had never met.  There was  lots of good food to eat and a bunch of kids playing.  Devin and I shared some cake and ice cream and then we helped open all of Logan's toys.  I don't think he got any clothes, just LOTS of toys!  
It was all lots of fun!  Thanks Again!

No comments: