Sunday, March 15, 2009

Vacation Part VI: Swimming & Shooting

On Tuesday mom took Devin and I to the Aquatic Center near their house.  Knowing how much Devin loves his bath I thought that he would really like this.  The first half hour he didn't know what to think.  He clung to me and would not let me go for anything.  I walked around carrying him. He was so cold and shivering.  Mom had left to run some ahrends or else I would have probably given up on the swimming.  Then all of a sudden Devin wanted down and to walk.  I was right next to him so every time he would start to lean in one direction I would help him get his balance.  But he walked and walked all over in the water.  It was a gradual pool so it started at zero inches and just kept getting deeper.  Devin would just keep walking even after his mouth would be in the water and wanted to go further.  So, I had to redirect him. There was a few times he went under getting a mouth full of water, but it didn't stop him at all.  Devin is just like me, we both love the water!  I will have to look into getting a pass to the Aquatic Center in Cherokee this summer.
The following day my dad and I went shooting.  I fired a shot gun a few times before, but not like this.  We went to a shooting range that had 12 different stations for shooting clay pigeons (is that what they are called?) They would come from different directions at different stations so we were able to have a wide variety of targets. Out of 50 I was able to hit 10.  That is not to bad for a first timer.  We then wanted to shoot the hand gun, but the pistol range was closed.  My dad then took me up the mountain to a place where he and Bill go which has a stand for targets he made.  I did much better with the hand gun, especially at the end when he taught me how to aim!  We did not get any pictures of the shooting : ( it would have been nice though.  This is something that I will definitely do next time I go to Utah.  It was a lot of fun and worth still being soar in the shoulders from. 

No comments: